Friday, December 11, 2015

Sylvain's Restaurant

I saved the best for last. Well, the best meal for last.  I had a late flight scheduled and decided to make the most of my last day in New Orleans.  I had the hotel hold my bag and took one final stroll to the French Quarter.  Before knocking off the last restaurant on my list, I dipped into Brennan's for a coffee and milk punch.  It was freezing out and seemed like a brilliant way to warm up.  After several cups of coffee and one delicious milk punch, I found my way to Sylvain's, another "must" according to Julia Reed. 

This cozy little restaurant on Chartres St. has been winning people over with their hand-squeezed Bloody Mary's for a while.  They come with lots of spice, just like I like them. 


Although Julia's suggestion had been the burgers, the bartender claimed that the Short Rib Hash was the best thing on the menu.  I didn't try everything on the menu, but I know that this was the best thing I had eaten in New Orleans.  I love short ribs and these, accompanied with Yukon hash-browns, a perfectly fried egg, and airy toast, made this dish an immediate favorite.


I headed back into the streets and did a bit more shopping.  Then, I grabbed my bags and headed home.


I am sure this is a city I will visit, and often.  I have a desire to share this city, my spirit city, with my dearest of loved ones.  New Orleans has a soul, one worthy of being shared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment