Monday, December 21, 2015

Asheville

This post is only about a year overdue. Last February, my friend Katie and I went to Asheville for a mini-vacation. It was our break from work and we wanted to get out of town. As is the case these days, I researched a good bit before we left and came up with some awesome recommendations. 

We drove straight in to Asheville and after 5 hours on the road, we were famished. We headed to White Duck Taco Shop, located on the river.  We had some scrumptious tacos and two margaritas.


My friend Glenn, who worked for J.Crew, told me about a clearance store near Asheville. We hit it up while we were in the area and I scored two beautiful dresses for next to nothing. 


After some retail therapy, we checked into the hotel. That evening we ubered to Wicked Weed brewery for some local spirits. 


We ended the evening at All Souls Pizza, a divine little pizzeria near the river. 


On our final night we went to John Fleers's Rhubarb. This restaurant has recieved a lot of acclaim and for good reason.  The morracan wings were sensational, as well as everything else I tried. One of my oldest childhood friends, Carson, meet us for some drinks and appetizers, at the bar, and then we headed out for some live music. 


Carson and Corey Isreal. 






No comments:

Post a Comment