Monday, April 18, 2016

Must Have- Yoga Poses

As I have mentioned before, I practice Bikram Yoga.  However, keeping a regular practice can be challenging.  An hour and a half class demands, at minimum, a two hour time commitment.  Also, a regular yoga practice can be very pricey.  For this reason, I don't always have the funds or the time to go.  That being said, even when I am engaging in other work outs, such as running, I incorporate yoga.  These are the poses that I can't live without. 

Camel:
If I am having a bad day or experiencing any amount of back pain, this is my go to pose. It immediately relaxes me and wipes away any back pain.




Fixed Firm:
When I finish a run, I come straight in the house and put myself into Fixed Firm.  The posture is great for knees.  We all know that running can be hard on your knees and this is the perfect posture for stretching your knees and hamstrings.



Standing Bow: 
This posture is another great full body stretch.  It takes focus and balance.  It also is a great stretch for your back.


No comments:

Post a Comment