Monday, April 18, 2016

Duck Donuts

I headed to Raleigh Saturday to see Bethany and the boys.  Lee loves doughnuts, as I am sure I have documented numerous times.  We decided to try Duck Donuts, a doughnut shop that originated in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  Now, they have numerous cafes all over the state.  Historically, I prefer a simple doughnut.  I adore Britts at Carolina Beach and in my opinion, none have compared.  This was true, until now.  While I still love Britts and if I am going to have a plain glazed doughnut, that is where I will go, there is something special about these.


In the age of trendy doughnut shops, things have gotten a little ridiculous.  I have no interest in a doughnut topped with lucky charms or maple bacon.  In my opinion, simple is best.  These "cake" doughnuts come piping hot and are immediately dredged in your preferred glaze.  We tried the lemon, strawberry, powdered sugar, orange, and cinnamon sugar.  If there is one in your area, you should definitely check them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment