Friday, March 18, 2016

Spring To-Do List

I follow Julia's blog, Gal meets Glam, and she recently spotlighted her to-do list for spring.  I love this idea. I so frequently take for granted the beauty located just outside my door.   I am going to make an effort to soak up my city this spring.  Truth be told, Wilmington does a pretty good job of showing off this time of year.    


  1. Plant an edible garden and/or flower garden.  It is time for me to get all of those herbs in the ground and plant flowers along my walkway.
  2. Explore our local botanical gardens - Airlie Gardens is a must, but I think I will head back to the historic cemetery downtown and look around.  I went this winter, but imagine it is beautiful with the azaleas in full bloom. 
  3. Plan to visit a local historical point of interest- I am thinking I will go to Ft. Fisher.  I haven't been since I was a child. 
  4. Set a date for an evening picnic in the park - check for local Concerts in the Park series in our area.
  5. Shop at the local Farmer’s Market for organic fruits, veggies, fresh flowers, local honey and other delicious goodies and crafts for the week ahead.
  6. Have dinner at a food truck 
  7. Azalea Festival- I am going to participate in as many events as possible this year.  My friends, Randy and Julie, are coming down this weekend and I want them to experience The Azalea Festival in all its glory.
  8. Go to a baseball game. Spring is the start of the Major and Minor League seasons.  Charlotte now has a team that plays uptown.  I am hoping to make it home and to a game this spring.
  9. Play tennis or golf. Spring usually brings warmer weather allowing for more play time.
  10. Clean-out closets, attics, and other places where unwanted and used items tend to get buried and forgotten. Donate at a local charity.  I plan to tackle my closets this weekend.
  11. Enjoy some concerts- I am already set to hear The Avett Bros and Willie Nelson., not a bad start to the season.
  12. Head to Provision Company in Southport for a late lunch.
  13. Plan to take a day hike.
  14. Barbecue at home and eat outdoors.
  15. Lastly, as always, travel somewhere I have never been before.  I am booking a Miami trip with my sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment