Friday, March 11, 2016

Winter Break 2016

Last week was my winter break.  My favorite thing about my school is the schedule.  It is reminiscent of college.  We have winter break the same time colleges take spring break, but also get Good Friday and Easter Monday.  We also wrap the year up in May, as opposed to the June schedule of public school.  

This year, I spent the first long weekend in Raleigh.  Hayley, my brother-in-laws' cousin, was in town.  I adore her and was looking forward to a ladies night out to catch up.  We headed to Gonza Tacos in north Raleigh.  The tacos and "tequila" were delicious. 




The second half of my break was spent in Summerville, a small town located outside of Charleston.  We went down to visit my aunt and her family.  My mom headed down on Thursday night and we met her down there Friday afternoon.  On Friday evening we headed to the tennis courts.


Saturday morning we watched my cousin, Caroline, compete in her soccer game. 



Finally, we headed into Charleston.  We walked around the marketplace and took a private carriage tour.  The weather was gorgeous, perfect for my new trench coat.





















1 comment:

  1. Glad to see some "school talk," as advertised. Good schedule ✔️

    You sure like to snuggle up to that baby...

    ReplyDelete