Friday, June 10, 2016

Welcome to Miami

Bethany had a conference in Miami last week, June 1st-4th.  Our birthdays, a week a part in June, seemed like a good excuse to take this trip together.  We had only been back from Maryland a night before it was time to leave again.  We took the early flight out, arriving in Ft. Lauderdale Wednesday morning.  We met at the airport and headed for the hotel.  After an extremely long "car pool" Uber ride, we finally arrived at our destination.

The pool was pretty spectacular and where I spent the majority of my time, especially when Bethany was in the conference

The first night we had mojitos for happy hour and headed out for dinner.



The city itself was a bit dirty and reminded me a lot of Barcelona.  However, we managed to do everything we wanted to while we were there: eat authentic Cuban food, drink mojitos, lay in the sun, and enjoy some quality time together.



I had fun sassing up her outfits! :)


I think endless days in the sun turned me into a full blown Cuban.  I don't think I have been this tan since I spent a week in the Dominican. 


Mandy loaned me this book, which was beautiful. 


Struggling to decided which was more important, food or sun, we ordered the nachos and mojitos from the hotel.  Turns out, we made a great decision.  These were the best nachos I have ever eaten and we didn't miss out on our last pool day together.  


While Bethany was in her session, I headed out for a little shopping.  Miami is home to Zara, which we do not have in North Carolina.  I scored both of these dresses.  I had been telling Bethany that the off the shoulder trend was perfect for her, and as you can see, I was right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment