Monday, June 6, 2016

Farewell to Teaching

Last week I closed the door on this chapter of my life.  After nine years of teaching, five at W.C. Friday Middle School and four at Cape Fear Academy, I decided to hang up my teaching hat.  While this chapter has afforded me lifelong friendships and wonderful experiences, I am ready for a new challenge.  We had the 8th grade graduation ceremony on the 26th, a truly bittersweet day.  This 8th grade class was my most favorite group.  They are every teacher's dream.  It seemed poetic to end my teaching career with this group of students.  As one of them wrote to me, "You are leaving us to be fabulous somewhere else, and that is pretty cool." I couldn't agree more.  My hope, as always, is that through this decision, I have shown, not just taught, that one should be fearless in the pursuit of their dreams.






News of my next adventure will be revealed in the coming weeks. 

1 comment: