Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sea Bass w/ Pistachio Butter



Hello beautiful weather!  It is about time you arrived. After a brutal winter, I have never been more ready for spring.  I really didn't know how much more I could take.  I was heading to hot yoga four times a week just to stay warm.  This is great right.... I must be getting in awesome shape.  However, I would then go home and eat biscuits and gravy for dinner, because who wants salad when it's 30 degrees outside.  

So, the minute the sun came out and the temperatures rose above 70 degrees, I began craving lighter foods. I recently discovered this amazing food blog and found a brilliant recipe for sea bass. As she points out, the star to this recipe is really the pistachio butter.  My love for nuts of any variety runs deep: cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios; toss them in a salad, make a pie, eat them along side a killer cocktail and I am a happy girl.  My mom used to make a pistachio birthday cake for me which was divine. But, this pistachio butter took things to a whole new level.


I bought two sea bass steaks at Motts Seafood on Wrightsville Beach.  There is something wonderful about being able to go down to the water and buy your own fish. 




For an appetizer, I whipped up some homemade tortilla chips and guacamole. 

Guacamole: 
2 large, ripe avocados
salt/pepper to taste
the juice of 1 lime
1 tsp cumin
1 bunch cilantro
1 glove of minced garlic

Combine all ingredients, refrigerate and serve.  







No comments:

Post a Comment