Thursday, July 4, 2013

10 Places, 2 weeks - My Conclusions

Barcelona - La Rambla, sangria, and your proximity to the Mediterranean were your shining moments. Your people weren't friendly, making you less desirable.  


Banos de la Encina-  visiting here is like taking a trip back in time.  So little has been touched and changed.


Jaen- A mere drive through the city and quick stop at the Gypsy market didn't do you justice.  Your greatest tribute was the people I met from your city.  

Granada- Although I didn't get to see as much of you as I would have liked, from the Alhambra, your view was the most breathtaking of all.  


Salamanca- You were a fun town.  Young people are drawn to your excitement.  Your plaza is lively. 


Vecinos-Site of the Wedding.  Your country hills, filled with livestock, create the illusion of a different time.  Your warm days and cool nights made a perfect venue for the lively wedding. 


Segovia-  You were full of history and intrigue.  Your village, sitting high on the hill, made a perfect day trip. 

  
Bordolat- Southern France, gorgeous.  Your farms and simple life make the perfect getaway.  I see why people retire here.  A great break from a fast paced life, a little slice of country heaven. 


Paris- You are lovely, just as I knew you would be.  You are romantic and thought provoking.  I know why writers and artist find inspiration here.  Your breads and food are unlike any other.  You are beautiful in the rain and probably even more beautiful in the cooler months.  And though I thought you'd steal my heart, you didn't.  


Madrid- I felt something special about you the very first night; your history, your color, the length of your nights.  Your plaza, so alive and vivacious.  Your people, so friendly and passionate.  A stumble down any of your streets results in a new adventure.  Photographs of you should always be in color, because if they aren't, they don't really tell your story.  Madrid, I will be back to visit you soon, you were my favorite. 






Thats a wrap










No comments:

Post a Comment