Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ahoy! It's a boy!

 Ahoy!  It's a Boy!


I am going to be an aunt for the very first time this October!!!! We found out that the little bundle of joy is going to be a boy.  I was convinced for the first few months that it was sure to be a girl, but my brother-in-law called me back in June to brag that he was right and I was wrong.  I think because my grandmother had six girls and my mother had two daughters, the thought of a "boy" coming is a bit unusual.  Although I didn't guess it, I am over the moon about this little nuggets arrival! 

My sister, Bethany, and her husband, Rob, are getting the nursery organized and trying their best to prepare for Little Man Lee's arrival.  This past weekend was Bethany's baby shower, hosted by myself and some of her nearest and dearest friends.  The baby shower took place in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.  The weather reports all claimed that it would be 80 degrees and sunny, but instead it was one of those wonderful Chapel Hill days that threatens  fall is just around the corner. 



Everything was nautical, from the cake and decor, to the baby quilt adorned in whales.  It was simply too cute for words!!!  


Erin, one of the hostesses, had the wonderful idea to substitute books for cards.  Everyone brought their favorite children's book and wrote a note to Lee inside.  Rob's mom, Heidi, brought all of Rob's favorite books, from the dog spot to the bird books.  My mom paid tribute to Bethany's childhood favorite, The Boxcard Children


Bethany's pregnancy craving, fried chicken!


Bethany with all of her best friends! 




Hurry up Lee, we can't wait to meet you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment