Monday, November 26, 2012

Front Porch Facelift

I closed on my house at the end of June.  The roof was in extremely poor condition, so I decided to have it replaced immediately. This is not the best "before" picture, but it does capture the problem areas: the roof, the overgrown landscape, etc.


I opted for the architectural shingles, although more expensive, I believe they will pay off.  Immediately it transformed the exterior look of the house and gave me peace of mind knowing I had a secure roof.  The previous owner had painted the swing black to match the shutters.  I felt this blended too much with the house.  I wanted my front porch to POP.  I painted the swing white, added red wicker chairs to match the red door, hung flower baskets and a beautiful American flag.  I also trimmed the amazing gardenia bush, laid pine needles, and planted flowers along the walkway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment