Tuesday, July 17, 2012

so it begins


After months of house hunting, getting in to multiple bid situations, I finally have found myself a new homeowner in the quintessential southern neighborhood. Within days of moving in I met all my neighbors, each coming by to welcome me to the block and offering to lend a hand.  Ancient oaks and pecan trees line the streets that are perfect for walking and running on a beautiful afternoon.  The bungalows, with their deep front porches, give the area historic charm unlike many developments today.

While I knew I landed myself in a great location, the house needed a bit of a “facelift”.  The 20 year old roof and overgrown landscape needed immediate attention (before and after pictures to come). 
When searching for a home I knew I wanted an older home and with older homes come many projects.  At the end of the day, this house has GREAT bones, fantastic potential, and the perfect fenced in backyard for my shaggy girl, Gidget.

No comments:

Post a Comment